Annons:
Tagbehavior-health-and-care
Read 3361 times
autumn&spring
2018-04-09 21:29

Mice loose on the floor in kitchen !

Two of Mimiis half grown babies jumped out of the cage on the floor. How can I catch them.? They are still too young to leave their mother, if I can't find them will they starve to death? There is some food on the floor. I hope they find and eat,

Annons:
autumn&spring
2018-04-09 22:04
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

They are this small.

Evelina
2018-04-09 22:30

Oh no! I really hope that you can find them. Sad

Niklas
2018-04-09 22:32

Can't you lure them with food in the middle of the floor? Or hear them if you are absolutely still and quiet?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2018-04-09 23:09

I don't know if this will work for mice but this worked for my hamster!

Create a staircase of books that leads to the top of small dustbin, on a few steps put some food on some of the steps and again in the bin. The idea is that the mice will climb the staircase of books fall into the bin and then will not be able to get out.

Use a strong smelling food, I used tiny tiny amounts of chocolate (I know this isn't good for them but it attracted them and helped in the long term). Also, leave this setup overnight when it's dark and quiet, the animal will feel less threatened at this time.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

autumn&spring
2018-04-10 08:29

So far they are still missing. 😢 I tried several things. I even put Mimii on the floor to see if she could find them. …. I haven't got any chocolate at home. No peanut butter either. I'm on special diet . Perhaps I get some when I go shopping. The store opens in half an hour. The mice are very small. I hope they at least found each others .

Leia
2018-04-10 13:24

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Sad

All the best, Leia

Annons:
autumn&spring
2018-04-10 19:25

Ok, I bought some peanut butter. I'm making traps with some small buckets. I hope I catch then during the night. Well I let Mimii have three small babies from the young mom who is too young to have 13 babies. One died allready. Mimii was happy to see them. I guess she don't really miss the two runaway now. I hope I find them of course.

autumn&spring
2018-04-11 09:37

They are still missing :(

Leia
2018-04-11 17:50

Will mice adopt young that isn't their own?

All the best, Leia

autumn&spring
2018-04-12 06:27

Yes Mice adopt other mice's babies.

autumn&spring
2018-04-14 08:35

I saw one of them this morning. Super Mouse is his name now. 5 days on the floor 😊👌💕 there is still hope I catch him. 😍

Leia
2018-04-14 12:09

That is good news! Keep us updated!

All the best, Leia

autumn&spring
2018-04-15 14:40

Still Loose. But I noticed he eaten of the cucumber I put on the floor. And some seeds.

Annons:
Grodan
2018-04-26 00:23

Try to figure out were the mouse sleeps and feels safe and catch it there.

You can also make a nice place for the mouse to feel safe and get food and water and catch it when it hides there. A small box, a cage or something that is easy to go inside but not that easy to leave - if you understand. But lots of nesting in it, lots of food and so on.

Host 4 mouse - Welcome!   <:3 }~~~

Niklas
2018-04-26 09:03

How long can they live in a house like that when they are small?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Grodan
2018-05-11 20:27

#15 Until you catch them, or something else catch them…

All the mice I´ve had loose in my home I have catchured. Some fast, some a little longer. Longest was 2 weeks… Two didn´t make it. One drowned in the dogs water bowl and one was catched by the ferret Elvis. But that was many many years ago. Now I´m patient and fast - I wanna catch the mouse as fast as possible, so I hunt it down and grab it. Crawling on all four is part of that… lol

Host 4 mouse - Welcome!   <:3 }~~~

Niklas
2018-05-11 23:27

Okay. 😀

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: