Annons:
Taggeneral-chat-ot
Read 6760 times
Grodan
2017-05-24 14:50

Buying pets from pet shop?

In another thread an discussion started about the question of bying your pets in pet shop or not. 

I think we should continue the discussion here.

Host 4 mouse - Welcome!   <:3 }~~~

Annons:
Grodan
2017-05-24 14:52

Copied post´s from other thread

#4 by: vendelay

#1 I don't know anything about rats but I know that with other animals (like guinea pigs, hamsters etc) you should never buy from a shop (like Arkens Zoo). Can someone tell me if you should buy mice from shops or only from breeders?

#5 by: Emmy

#4 I'm no expert, but I'd say it always depends on what store you're considering buying from, rather than which type of animal you're looking to buy. And also it depends a whole lot on whether you intend to have them for company or showing/competing of some sort. I have no idea how many smaller pet stores there are in Sweden, but I think you'd be better off buying from one of those than from Arkens Zoo,  Djurmagazinet and other larger pet stores. But like I said, I'm no expert. I'd prefer buying from a breeder myself, but wouldn't mind buying from a small pet store if I onyl intend to have them as company. Glad

Grodan
2017-05-24 14:53

Sometimes you can find pets in pet stores that have pedigree, so you know they are from breeder.

But most times, in Sweden, the pets are from grossist's - who have a large quantity of animals and just breed to sell. Some of these grossist's don´t have the cages and enrichment required for the pets to be happy. 

I don´t know how it´s in other countries. I do know some variety of rats and mice have been found first time in pet shops (for instance Dumbo ear in rat - found in Pet Shop in America) - so pet shops are not just a bad thing.

Scroll to top
Annons: