Annons:
Tagcage-bedding-accessories
Read 3338 times
Niklas
2017-03-28 11:32

Things you shouldn't give your pet mouse

I'm thinking about dogs that you should not give chocolate because it can kill them. What food, toys and other stuff should you not give your mouse?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Grodan
2017-03-28 17:24

Chocolate is the same for mice - they should not eat it.

Toxic plants and branches from toxic trees.

Uncooked potato.

Uncooked bean.

These are things that are toxic for mice. Other food can be debated about. Mostly it´s not toxic but given in large amount the mouse will get sick/unhealthy. I speak of "avoid this" mostly… For instance sugar.

Peanut we learned is not good for mice, it contains a fat that can cause heart failur. But it also contains good fat, so I usually say, give just a little bit - especially if the mouse is in poor condition and need helping food qiuckly I give peanut butter with some other stuff so the mouse can recover quickly.

Citrus is also something mouse and other rodents don´t like and you don´t need to feed them, but I´m unsure if it´s toxic for them.

Avocado core and shell is toxic, but the "avocado meat" is really good food.

Host 4 mouse - Welcome!   <:3 }~~~

Niklas
2017-03-29 12:49

Peanuts are actually the same type of plant (legumes) as beans so I can understand that both give mice problems if one of them does. Does mice know what's good or bad for them or do they eat anything that's available?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Grodan
2017-04-03 19:37

#2 Peanuts is debated about. Though it contains some really good fats (and some really bad ones) there should be a balance. Mice though love peanuts - so that kinda answer your next question. Sometimes they do know what´s good for them and what is not. But since they are pets in cages they will eat what we give them so it´s our responsibility to feed them correctly.

Host 4 mouse - Welcome!   <:3 }~~~

Scroll to top
Annons: